Wednesday, April 21

Victor Gischler: More to him than just Deadpool


Many of you may know the name Victor Gischler because of his work on popular comic titles such as Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth, or Deadpool Corps. But did you know prior to his work in comics, and till this day, is a novelist? I am a big fan of Gischler's work in comics so when I found out he wrote books I had to check them out.

I decided that I had to read one of books to see how they were, so I decided to pick up his first book "Gun Monkeys". I just finished reading the book this morning and it was pretty awesome, so I decided I should write something about it on the blog so that I can spread the word.

Gun Monkeys follows a man named Charlie Swift, who is a hired gun. When a job he is on goes horribly wrong he is forced to kill one of his own, it turns out to be just the first of many events that will lead to the destruction of life as he knows it.

The book has a great cast of characters in addition to Charlie, including his love interest Marcie, his brother Danny, his boss Stan just to name a few.

I dont want to divulge anymore information about the book because it is that good and you should check it out yourself. If you like great cliff hangers, violence, excellent writing, and a book that will keep you on your toes and wanting more, than this book is something you should give a read.

As soon as I finished Gun Monkeys I asked Gischler himself, via Twitter which book I should check out next and he recommended his most recent book "The Deputy" and based off the informational paragraph on the book of the book it looks like its going to be awesome. When I finish it ill tell you all about it.

Oh, and to top it off Gischler has a Ph.D

No comments:

Post a Comment