Saturday, April 3

The Best Marvel Comic?


















IS Secret Warriors the BEST Marvel Comic?

Not surprising, I am late to the game..again.

I sort of grazed this book when it  first came out after Secret Invasion.
I was kind of familiar with the artist Stepano Caselli from his G.I. Joe work.
I felt it was kind of soft, round-ish and more anime style.
The writer, Jonathan Hickman had written and drawn some crazy indie books for Image comics.
I love Nick Fury.  The work that Steranko and Kirby did on the book years ago is still amazing years later.

How to describe the first six issues of Secret Warriors: Smart, detailed and brave.

1. Smart. This is a big story.  This is a mystery with in another mystery.  yet the story never lags.
2. Detailed.  A lot of details. Hydra, Shield, the governments of three countries and much more.
3. Brave. Nick Fury killing employees of the US government.  Waltzing into the White House.  Plus more.  I don't want to spoil all the surprises.

The art worked it's magic on me after the second issue.  Now I want Caselli to stay on the book.  He has made it his own.

I will probably get yelled at by the fans of this book.  Asking what took me so long to see the light.  Ah well. But if you haven't given this book a look , try it out.
If you want a story more with  James Bond-like super spies and less Superman, this book may be for you.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Thank god you finally read it and realized how amazing it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overrated, that what this book is. The best Marvel book is Ultimate X. Just kidding that book is trash to me.

    ReplyDelete