Monday, April 5

I Believe in Magic: Paul Blart Mall Cop Movie Review




Most people take a glance at this movie and say hmm, this does not look good, or they see the preview
and see that it is rated PG and think that it couldn’t possibly be funny. I’m not going to lie, I thought the same thing, but after hearing that the previews did not show any of the truly funny parts and that it pushes the limits of a PG movie I was intrigued. I was told about some of the funnier parts of the movie and I felt like it was my destiny to see this film. So I went onto Amazon.com and I bought it for the everyday low price of $7 and finally this past weekend I got the movie in the mail and watched this amazing film.


The movie starts out by introducing Blart and how he aspires to be a New Jersey State Trooper and how his endeavors fail because if he doesn’t have an infusion if sugar at a certain time he passes out due to being inflicted with Hypoglycemia. The viewers then find out that due to his consistent failures, he seems to be forever doomed to be a mall security guard. Blart takes his job very seriously as if he was an actual cop and is seen zooming around the mall on his segway enforcing the rules of the mall and helping out costumers. The movie goes on to introduce Paul’s love interest Amy and how another mall worker who is vying for the same girls attention constantly harasses him. The movie also touches upon his family life and his relationship with his mother as well as his daughter.

As the movie progresses the mall is taken under siege by a group of robbers intent on making 30 million dollars. Blart is oblivious to the take over because of the allure of Guitar Hero in the mall’s arcade. Now he is the only person in the mall aside from the robbers and the hostages that they took who include Amy. The movie goes on and shows how Blart single handedly saves the mall from these armed robbers without a weapon or training using only his wits. I would go into more detail but I don’t want to ruin this film for anyone because it needs to be seen to get the full effect of this classic masterpiece.
The movie stars Kevin James who is best known for his stand up comedy as well as portraying the main character on the show “The King of Queens”, James also was a co-writer of the movie. He is joined by Jayma Mays, best know for her work on “Heroes” and “Glee”, as his love interest Amy and Kier O’Donnell who plays the main antagonist Vek, the leader of the robbers, O’Donnell is best know for his role in “Wedding Crashers” as Todd Cleary. The cast is joined by many other funny actors and actresses as well.

This movie is of those types of movies that I describe as a crappy movie that is awesome because sure its not going to win best picture or anything but hell, that kept my attention and kept me laughing! Check out the movie for yourself and witness true greatness. Because let me tell you! I BELIEVE IN MAGIC! WOOO!

2 comments:

  1. The PG rating doesn't doesn't really mean lack quality. Pixar proves that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the review buddy and and the German poster lol.

    P.S. I am writing this on an iPad and it rocks!

    ReplyDelete