Saturday, April 3

The Best Issue from March 2010

ROUND 1...FIGHT!

VS

DOG POOL                                             DOGPOOL

Prelude to Deadpool Corps #3


First of all, let me say that you are probably a bigger fan of Deadpool then I am.

A lot of people like the character, a lot of people LOVE him.
I do not love him.
I do love the art of of Phillip Bond though.  He has mainly done work for Vertigo comics.  This may be his first Marvel work.

Some of the best things in life are the ones that you have no expectations of.
I read issue #1 of the Prelude to Deadpool Corps and thought it was o.k.
I picked up issue three after seeing that Philip Bond did the interior art.
He knocked it out of the park.
Victor Gishor's writing is good. Don't get me wrong.
He did make 'Dogpool' an interesting creature. Gishor gave him a great origin story, with a circus and all.
Yet it's Bond's amazing pencils that made Dogpool lovable.
I  want to take him home and feed him, I want to wear a t shirt with his face on it.
He is my favorite Deadpool. 

In the words of my favorite zombie critic:
" If you don't like that, you can SHUT IT"


Here are some Phillip Bond links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Bond

http://philipbond.com/bondnet/index.html
















P.S.


This dog sucks
LOSE!

3 comments:

  1. If you love him so much then why don't you marry him. You can't thats why. You can and should read Kill Your Boyfriend though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the yellow lab in the pool got an unjust representation and should be given more of an origin story because from what I can see this dog is AWESOME!

    Lick Ballz Suckaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogpool can stay, zombie head Deadpool should go. The joke is getting old. Fast. That is all.

    ReplyDelete