Tuesday, February 9

Review: Wolverine Weapon X


I decided to do another review of a new series I began to read this week: Wolverine Weapon X

For the longest time Jared has been trying to get me to read this series, so I decided last week to pick up the first 5 issues, which was the first arc, and give it a shot. I went into this book with high hopes, and although it didnt let me down completely, it just didnt live up to the expectations I had given it.

Although the book was well written, due to the talent of Jason Aaron (which included some good humor) and was well drawn there was one major thing that was bothering me about it. And that was how hard the story was to follow and how each book ended.

I felt with each issue I was left a little confused as to what was going on, and a little under fullfilled as to how I was hoping the issue would end. It usually left me saying wtf is going on, or it ended with...why the fart is it ending this way? It was never a good cliff hanger or something that made me wanting to read the next issue.

The reasons as to why I decided not to continue reading this series is the fact that it is a 4 dollar book and I feel as though each issue is definitely not worth this amount of money. But most importantly, this is a book that I feel I would read, be lost or confused (or both) and then the next month when the next issue came out I would have no clue what went on the month before and would either have to go back and re-read the first issue, which isn't always possible due to the fact a lot of my collection is at home instead of at school with me.

When i decided to read this series I was torn between reading this, or the Image series Chew. Looks like I'll be giving Chew a shot and pick up the first trade. Hopefully I enjoy it more than I did Weapon X

5 out of 10

1 comment:

  1. You will definitely enjoy Chew, I picked up the first trade and it was awesome

    Chew is one of the best new series going today, just very original and interesting

    ReplyDelete