Sunday, February 28

My Zune is fried.

So I thought to myself: why should i buy an ipod when i dont use any other Apple products? Aside from the fact that i find that the majority of Apple users are rather pretentious, i really dont like the ipod. It's menus aren't great and the circular touch pad is a real pain (you know it sucks when they invent special gloves so you can actually work the thing). Zune, with its nice, clickable pad seemed like a logical choice. I already give so much money to Microsoft why not continue the trend? I think im the only person in a hundred mile radius who has one. Let me correct myself. I was the only person. Now all i have is an 8 gig paperweight. I had it plugged into my friends boom-box (that's right, boom-box) and while he plugged in some other appliance a power surge cooked the insides of my Zune to a cheesy circuit souffle'. Now im faced with a perilous question: could this happen to any mp3 player or does the Zune just suck? Maybe its just that boom-boxes suck. Haha, just kidding, they are the coolest thing from the 90's. Maybe the answer is to forget the mp3 player all together and carry a boom-box around with me everywhere I go. At least i can get rid of the uncomfortable ear buds.

2 comments:

  1. I applaud your candor, Mr. Gross. It takes a special kind of person to continue purchasing products after a solid decade of mediocrity from any company, let alone one with a long history of substandard releases and terrible consumer standing. But it takes a true man to admit that he purchased one even after careful consideration. Oh, and welcome to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mr. Gross. I actually know two kids at my school who have Zunes. I also happen to know a kid who carries around a boom box in the spring time on campus blasting cassette tape music. So no you are not alone in any matter. I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I will see you Wednesday kind sir.

    ReplyDelete