Monday, March 22

Healthcare: Another Opinion

I too stayed up to watch the House vote on HR 3590 and HR 4872. At first I flipped to MSNBC, not only because they have top-notch former ESPN anchors as employees, but also because I'm lazy and it's lowest on the dial. 5 minutes later I was on Fox News, hoping for a little less vitriol or, baring that, at least someone to laugh at. 45 seconds later, hello C-Span: No one blathering about what Rep Stupak from Michigan means when he says that, as a Pro-Life candidate, he can support the Reconciliation act. Nor is anyone dumbing down the language of the bill. You just the process in action. It was like being able to watch a football game without having to consciously tune out the drivel that Joe Buck purls out every few minutes.

As for the actual bill, its hundreds of pages of the densest legalese I've ever seen ( http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c111:6:./temp/~c111CjE369:: ), and I'm really not sure about everything that's in it (seriously, click the link and try to read it), but as long as it covers me getting foot-long adamantium claw implants, I'm cool with it.

1 comment:

  1. If it covers getting super powers, I all for it. Otherwise more research is required.

    ReplyDelete