Monday, March 8

Cornbread's Favorite and Least Favorite Comics of the Week - 3/3

Hey Everyone. It was a pretty small week so it was kinda hard to pick a favorite and least favorite. But here it is

Favorite Comic: New Ultimates #1
*Warning Spoiler Alert*

Its is kinda weird as to why I decided to pick up this comic, its just that I really liked the Variant cover for the issue so I thought I would give it a shot. First off, I would like to state that the art is what made this my favorite comic of the week. Frank Cho, I salute you. In addition, I surprisingly enjoyed the humor that was put into the book by Jeff Loeb (even though they were only funny because Cho's art made them that way). I dont usually like the Ultimate series because of how different the universe is, but this was pretty good and makes me want to give the Ultimate Comics line another chance (which is why I picked up Ultimate X to read later this week). The best part is probably Thor's face half way through the book which if you read this you will know exactly what I am talking about. The cover is kinda ridiculous though, it is a 6 page long pull out "poster" that is just over the top and is folded very strangely which makes it look bad. Anyways, I enjoyed the book, but I am kind of disappointed that it will come out so infrequently.

8 out of 10




Least Favorite Comic: Deadpool Team-Up 895
*Warning Spoiler Alert*

It is kind of weird saying that a Deadpool book is my least favorite of the week, but I am just kind of getting fed up with the Deadpool Team-Up line. Marvel keeps trying to pair Deadpool up with the weirdest characters they can think of, and although it was kind of funny at first, its just getting old and they either need to step it up with better characters, or just end the series. Anyways, this book wasn't all bad and I just want to say that now. It had a couple good jokes, but it was no Deadpool or Merc with a Mouth. The book was extremely short and it seems like it went from building an okay story to over in a matter of seconds. I have been toying with dropping this series for awhile and now since they have started the Deadpool Corps (which was actually pretty good, especially cause it ties in with Merc with a Mouth) I will probably end up dropping this series. I mean, four Deadpool books? Come on, its like beating a dead horse. Anyways, this book was poorly written, and poorly illustrated and I am just sick of paying 3 bucks a month for a book that should be better. I am sorry Deadpool, but you are just losing your swagger.

3 out of 10

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the Deadpool Team Up, Although my favorite of the week was Weapon X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to argue with you for a minute about your favorite comic of the week. It may just be me, but Thor's face should not be the best part of any book. Granted, I did not read New Ultimates, but did you even read Green Hornet yet? Out of all the books I read it was the best for sure.

    ReplyDelete