Wednesday, May 5

Cornbread's Favorite and Least Favorite Comics of the Week - 4/28

Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to writing this post, I've just been busy and didn't actually get to read all of my comics this week until Saturday anyways. But here it is!

Favorite Comic: X-Force # 26 (X-Men Second Coming Chapter 5)
*MAJOR SPOILER ALERT*

This boom was in the running for best book of the week wayyy before I got a chance to read it. First off, this cover by Adi Granov is by far one of his best yet, there is no getting around it. Secondly, it is the return of Mike Choi and Sonja Oback on interior art; the last issue they did for X-Force was issue 20. When the book finally came out last week, as soon as I got a free second I read this issue, way before I actually read anything else, and let me tell you, I am very happy I did. The interior art on this book is beautiful! It really proves that Choi is the best artist in comics today.

Aside from the art, everyone knew that this book was very important for this huge cross over event. Marvel had been talking about how a character was going to be killed since before Second Coming started and everyone knew it was happening in this book.

Kyle and Yost did a great job with this issue, it kept my attention the whole time, the dialogue was beautiful and they way they executed the death was just spectacular. It was exciting and packed with action, but heart wrenching at the same time. I wont reveal who actually died, but seriously they went out with a BAMF.

10 out of 10




Least Favorite: Aladdin - Legacy of the Lost 3

This book gave me mixed feelings the entire time I read it, and it really showed because of the reviews I've given it. The first issue appeared on here as my least favorite comic 2 months ago, last month the second issue appeared as my favorite comic, and then this month we see the book here again with its third and final issue appearing as my least favorite! Talk about ups and downs.

This was my first radical title I've ever picked up. I decided to read it cause the covers are awesome, and so is the interior art. Which means the reason that two of the three issues ended up in my least favorite book of the week section is because of the writing.

I have never read anything from Edginton before, heck I've never even heard of him, but like I said the art looked awesome and since I usually go with how good the art looks when making my decisions no wonder i picked up this book.

The main downfall of the series was where the interesting details and the action took place. In the first issue there was hardly any action and it basically set up for the second issue. Then the second issue was great. When we got to this issue it was a bunch of talking that was building up to the final fight scene. But when we finally got there, the fight scene hardly existed. Within 9 panels the legendary super dangerous magic wielder who had all the power in the world was defeated in literally less than a minute. It was really discouraging and pretty disappointing, especially because I was so excited for the finish to this limited series. Lets hope my next pick from radical is a bit better.

4 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment