Wednesday, April 6

Super


I have to say, when I first heard about this movie, I was not the least bit interested in seeing it. I thought it was just a rip off of Kick Ass. Having now gained a little bit more information about the premise, I think it will be definitely worth seeing. The trailer does not do the movie any of the justice director, James Gunn, describes it as having. I have heard in a couple of interviews, that apparently it is incredibly violent. And not in a cheesy, horror-movie type of way, but in a, "If I hit a guy as hard as I can in the head with a wrench, that's what it would look and sound like" way. But, I think the main reason I want to see this is that, apparently there is an "unconventional rape scene" in it. I guess that's the best way to put it without giving too much away. Now, I see how weird that must sound, my saying that I really want to see this movie because it has an "unconventional rape scene". Take it however you'd like I suppose. Anyway, seeing as this movie has not even been released to the general public yet and not mentioning that, due to it's content, I don't think it'll be coming to any theaters in our immediate area, I guess we will just have to wait and see how it is.

5 comments:

  1. Super will be at Cinemapolis on April 29th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I guess I didn't look back far enough, sorry to offend you bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to love Cinemapolis and . . . is it Fall Creek Theaters?, for bringing us the movies the main-stream theaters deem inappropriate or non-mass pleasing films.

    ReplyDelete