Sunday, November 21

Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes



About two weeks ago now I watched this show for the first time on TV. I was scared when first turning it on, wondering how they were going to butcher some of my favorite heroes from my childhood, and wondering how far from the truth the show was going to deter from the books. To my surprise, the show was nothing like I thought it was going to be and neither was the comic adaptation.

While watching the show I was wondering how and why the story and dialogue was so well done, and why I was enjoying it so much. All of that credit is owed to the fact that Chris Yost is the writer of the episodes and in charge of all of the stories, which to my blissful realization was the case with the comic adaptation as well.

In this book, you get the entire bang for your buck with two full-length stories by Yost featuring all of your favorite Avenger heroes, the first story focusing on Thor and Captain America, and the second story featuring Hawkeye and the Black Panther. The great part about these stories is even though they are geared towards a younger group of readers, the stories can still be enjoyed by all ages. The stories featured the perfect amount of action, and it also taught a life lesson in each issue.

Another aspect of the book that I liked is that bother stories featured different artists, which is really key when it comes to marketing a book to a younger age group. It allows the younger generation to be introduced to different styles without having to buy a number of different books. The one thing I would change about the issue is the price tag though. Since this is a book that is marketed towards children, I believe that despite its length it should be a $2.99 issues as opposed to the $3.99 because a parent would be much more apt to buy it for their child.

Overall, I was really happy with the issue and I was entertained throughout the entirety of both stories. I look forward to seeing what Marvel will do with this series, both in the comic and cartoon format, it is a great idea and it is being created by a multitude of comic greats. Keep up the good work.

9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment