Sunday, August 1

Shotgun Opera


Shotgun Opera from Victor Gischler is anything short of phenomenal. Follow ex-mobster Mike Foley as he repays his Brother by protecting a nephew he has never met. On top of that, the reader will also follow the Cornwall family and how their highly trained, but highly dysfunctional family becomes intertwined with the Foley’s that will take both families on a ride full of bullets, explosions, and death. This is a story of murder, revenge, and payback is action packed and leaves the reader wanting more after each and every chapter. This is the 4th book I have read from Gischler, and I am excited that I still have three more of his books to read.

The thing that was really awesome about Shotgun Opera is that the whole time I was reading it I thought that it would make a really awesome movie, and as I got further into the book that thought became stronger and stronger, so I decided that I should take it upon myself to brainstorm who would play each character in the book.


Mike Foley: Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight)


Andrew Foley: James McAvoy (Wanted)


The Man with the Voice: Kevin Spacy (K-Pax)


Nikki Enders: Angelina Jolie (Changeling)


Meredith Cornwall-Jenkins: Kate Beckinsale (Underworld)


Linda: Vivica A Fox (Independence Day)


Lizzy Cornwall: Lyndsy Fonceca (Kick-Ass)


Ortega: Benicio Del Toro (The Wolfman)


Enrique Mars: Óscar Jaenada (The Losers)

I think these are some pretty good guesses for many of the main chracters in this book. If you want to know why, you will just have to read the book and find out, because it is definitely worth the read.




Buy the Shotgun Opera here

No comments:

Post a Comment