Friday, June 25

My First Posting!...well kinda a mini rant (Its about time)

So I figured that it's about time that I actually post something on this blog. Since I bugged Jared to add me on here and then just never actually posted anything on here.

So yeah, I was going to write up a comic review to post up here but that takes a while to write and its already pretty late at night. Wow its nearly three in the morning and I'm still on the stupid computer, plus I have to get up early tomorrow. I just don't think these things through sometimes.

Anyway none of that is important, but what is important is DC's recent announcement made via their official blog, The Source.

So Lately I'm sure some of you have noticed(hopefully) some new books being given to the incredibly talented Jeff Lemire, writer of the amazing series Sweet Tooth. It has been announced that starting this fall, Jeff will be the creative mind behind a new superboy ongoing series, and of course starting in the next issue of Adventure Comics, Jeff Lemire will be handling an Atom back-up.

Then just this week DC announced that Jeff Lemire has signed and exclusive deal with DC. This is great news and I hope this signing leads to more DC books written by Lemire. This announcement is also following recent exclusive signings by DC of Paul Cornell, David Finch, and (I believe) JMS.

This signing is great news for DC as they need to begin signing some of the great young talent in the industry because as it stands right now, Marvel is dominate in that department. I mean in terms of young new talent Marvel has: Hickman, Fraction, Mayberry, Aaron, Gillen, and Remender. So hopefully this is the start of DC finding some great new talent which is sorely needed, I mean Geoff Johns cannot write every title at DC forever.

Wow this has kinda turned into a bit or a rant so I'm just gonna end this here. So in closing....just buy Sweet Tooth....

1 comment: